Pops and Collission problem on it

2688   5   1
147 posts
Hi there,

I try to lookign around but I don't find solution… however

I have one Pops with a particles source and one ground.

Ground is my collission object so I connect it to my system with a merge node, but my particles collide with it more distance respect it… I try with a POP Collision operator but nothing, have another different problem (not considerate the ground infinite), so How can I fix it?
it's a problem of tollerance, but where is it?

I add files and image

http://www.art2upz.com/__TEMP/SCREENSHOT/houdini_pop_collision.jpg [art2upz.com]
http://www.art2upz.com/__TEMP/SCREENSHOT/POP_Collision_error.hipnc [art2upz.com]

Thank you
Matteo

Attachments:
houdini_pop_collision.jpg (498.0 KB)
POP_Collision_error.hipnc (436.6 KB)

471 posts
Hello dear Matteo.
Yellow particle disappear because expression which is used in attribwrangle1 SOP node of Particles_Emitter object node is problematic.
You set scale of your source particle as a sphere with unit radius and in attribute tab of popsource1 DOP node, Houdini inherits all of attributes from source particle also pscale.
So in this case your particles create in one unit above your ground and then slide on it until they die.
For your second problem seems ground shelf tool is just infinite for rigid bodies, you can extend it yourself.
hope it helps.
147 posts
Nima
Hello dear Matteo.
Yellow particle disappear because expression which is used in attribwrangle1 SOP node of Particles_Emitter object node is problematic.
You set scale of your source particle as a sphere with unit radius and in attribute tab of popsource1 DOP node, Houdini inherits all of attributes from source particle also pscale.
So in this case your particles create in one unit above your ground and then slide on it until they die.

ok, I disable the pscale in attribwrangle and now is working.

Nima
For your second problem seems ground shelf tool is just infinite for rigid bodies, you can extend it yourself.

Ok.

Thank you so much for your help

Matteo
147 posts
This file hate me

Stupid question… I want import in another node and cache it only my particles so I did:

Create one Geo node
inside I delete the file node and create one “Dop I/O”
Select my Dop Network (particles)
Select Dop Node popobject

and don't see nothing… why???

I want export only the particles and not all system like a ground.

Thank you
Matteo

Attachments:
dop_import.JPG (93.5 KB)

471 posts
All right no problem you wanna see your particle in another OBJ node.
just from Presets in DOP I/O select Particle and that's it.
147 posts
Hi,
thank you for your reaply when I find time I try… I solver in another way, I don't create a cache for particles, skip it and I create direct the cache of my volume.

However I try in the next time, thank you for your help

Mat
  • Quick Links