Scatter Voronoi Object Parts

1711   1   0
1 posts
Hello,

first I want to point out that this software is really amazing. Im trying to learn Houdini over the last couple of days and im stucking at the moment.

I wanted to create rocks which will be scattered on a surface.. I created a point vop for a sphere with noises to get my rock surface.. i linked it in a switch node with different varieties plugged to a copy node with my plane. for the plane i used paint sop to delete the parts where i didnt want to scatter my rocks. that worked pretty well.
Picture: clickme [prntscr.com]

Next i wanted to try out the voronoi and i created a cube which i applied to. this is amazing.
I played much with dynamics and i basically want to combine my voronoi parts to my plane for scattering. like the first screenshot
The problem is my Voronoi sop is one Object. I would like to scatter random parts from it.
Do i need a expression that picks random parts from the voronoi ? but first do i need to split it in parts ?
Picture: clickme [prntscr.com]

Thank you!
27 posts
If you look in the Geo spreadsheet in primitives, under “name” attribute you will have each piece with it's own piece name.

So with this you can do a bunch of different things to grab your pieces.

For example, put down a blast node and add this @name=piece1 or whatever your piece is called and change it to delete non selected.

You could add a for each loop to do something to each iteration as it will use the piece name attribute to go through each fractured piece of geo… list goes on.
  • Quick Links