Problem linking with internal libraries

2105   3   2
10 posts
Hi,

I am trying to make use of the SIM_BulletConcaveShape class to aid me in creating a concave hull of a set of points. However, when I try to link to this class in my hdk implementation it throws an error saying it is unable to find the library “<BulletCollision/Gimpact/btGImpactShape.h>”
I have tried hunting around the toolkit libraries and other include paths and wasn't able to find it myself, so I was just wondering if someone knew where these files were located. I thought it made sense that they would be somewhere seeing as the BulletSolver code references them and am wondering if I might be able to reference them also to help me with my project.

Thanks
183 posts
If you could post the exact compile/linker error log, that would be helpful.
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
10 posts
Here is the output from terminal. And I also included the .h and .C files for reference. There may be other issues in the code. I haven't been able to get past the includes to look into those yet though. So no stress on that part.

“In file included from SOP_ConcaveShape.C:9:0:
/opt/hfs16.0/houdini/public/SIM_SolverBullet/SIM_BulletConcaveShape.h:29:52: fatal error: BulletCollision/Gimpact/btGImpactShape.h: No such file or directory
#include <BulletCollision/Gimpact/btGImpactShape.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Compile failed”

Attachments:
SOP_ConcaveShape.C (6.1 KB)
SOP_ConcaveShape.h (564 bytes)

183 posts
#include "/opt/hfs16.0/houdini/public/SIM_SolverBullet/SIM_BulletConcaveShape.h"

No, you can't include headers like that. Make sure the header file could be found by your compiler. The way you specify compilation flags depends on your build system, IDE, etc.
In Makefile you can add:
CXXFLAGS += -I/path/to/my/headers_dir

In CMake:
include_directories(/path/to/my/headers_dir)
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
  • Quick Links