Shop materialpath partition attribute naming

2680   5   3
143 posts
Hi,

when I use the SopImport node to get geometry into Solaris, there's the option to use the Shop_materialpath attribute to partition the incoming geometry, but the resulting primitives get ridiculously long names.

Is there a way to either change the default naming scheme to only keep the name of the material node, or to rename them after creation?

Cheers,
Ivan
39 posts
Hi, so far when I have to do something like this I prefer to edit the @path attribute before importing it to LOPs, you can create a copy of the shop_materialpath attribute, edit it with "Attribute String edit" and then with a Wrangle create a custom path attribute, with that Lops creates the hierarchy
143 posts
Thanks for the quick walkthrough Riccardo. Works just as you described. You really helped me out!
41 posts
Hi, RiccordoT and ivanmalek!

Would you please share your methods of modifying very long names to shorter names?
I think I have exactly the same problem here when long names wouldn’t fit in my material linker column and applying material feels harder than it should be.

Best
143 posts
JuhaT

Would you please share your methods of modifying very long names to shorter names?
I think I have exactly the same problem here when long names wouldn’t fit in my material linker column and applying material feels harder than it should be.

Best

Hi,

what solved my problem was finding there's a "Prefix Subsets with attribute name" toggle in the Sop Import node. This is the option that prefixes the attribute with the attribute name. So if you have the material "wood", it creates a "Shop_materialpath_wood" part or primvar.
Hope that helps.
Ivan
41 posts
ivanmalek
JuhaT

Best

Hi,

what solved my problem was finding there's a "Prefix Subsets with attribute name" toggle in the Sop Import node. This is the option that prefixes the attribute with the attribute name. So if you have the material "wood", it creates a "Shop_materialpath_wood" part or primvar.
Hope that helps.
Ivan
Thank you so much!
  • Quick Links