Animating input temperature for pyro source spread node?

1340   3   2
100 posts
Is it possible to animate input point temperature for the pyro source spread node--i.e. have one pocket of points that flares up (@temperature = 1) at frame 100, and other that flares up at frame 200? Or a group that is dynamically created (bound by animated geometry), so that when the animated object flies through it creates a new source for the pyro source spread? It seems like it only accepts the values at frame one, which makes sense for a solver--is there a way, such as with vellum, that I can dig in and animate those things?

I'm using this more as a growth solver, not generating any actual pyro on this--I'm just spreading attributes about.

Thanks for any help!
81 posts
this was an issue I had as well, the answer is to go inside the pyrosourcespread, add a wrangle, and copy your temperature attribute from input 2(current geo) to input 1 (last frame)
float temp = point(1,'temperature',@ptnum);
f@temperature += temp;
Edited by anbt - Oct. 10, 2023 12:32:25
1 posts
anbt
this was an issue I had as well, the answer is to go inside the pyrosourcespread, add a wrangle, and copy your temperature attribute from input 2(current geo) to input 1 (last frame)
float temp = point(1,'temperature',@ptnum);
f@temperature += temp;

where exactly did you put it, in the solver inside the PyroSourceSpread?
100 posts
Here's a quick and dirty example. The point wrangle is inside the pyrosourcespread. This example is slightly different than anbt's--it compares the solved temperature with the input geo and if the input geo's temp is higher (meaning new fuel was "injected", temperature attributes raised) then it just uses the higher temp for that point.

Attachments:
updating_pyro_source_spread.hiplc (207.8 KB)

• Quick Links