issue loading custom OCIO v2 config file (AgX)

1172   3   2
2 posts
Hi!

I'm trying to get the AgX ocio config (https://github.com/sobotka/AgX/blob/main/config.ocio) working in houdini.
I've set the environment variable in windows to point to the config file, however on startup I get the following warning in the console:
[OpenColorIO Warning]: This .ocio config 'C:/[..]config.ocio' is version 2. This version of the OpenColorIO library (1.1.1) is not known to be able to load this profile. An attempt will be made, but there are no guarantees that the results will be accurate. Continue at your own risk. [OpenColorIO Warning]: Unknown key in ColorSpace: 'aliases'. [OpenColorIO Warning]: Unknown key in ColorSpace: 'aliases'.etc.

I've looked at changelogs and searched but cannot even find any mentions of any similar issues. From what I can tell from other forum posts, OCIO v2 support is supposed to be working?
The same error is thrown when setting the environment variable to the path of the fallback configurations that ships with houdini "config-aces-cg.ocio" and "config-aces-reference.ocio" in the houdini install folder.

Would appreciate any input and or clues!
7850 posts
Are you using an external OCIO library? Houdini 19.5 ships with an OCIO 2.1 library, but if your pipeline environment provides its own library then Houdini will use it.
2 posts
jsmack
Are you using an external OCIO library? Houdini 19.5 ships with an OCIO 2.1 library, but if your pipeline environment provides its own library then Houdini will use it.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'ts nothing I've explicitly set up. I do have other software utilizing ocio but from what I can tell they are all "local" libraries. What would I be looking for if things were clashing somewhere? I initially wanted to look through houdinis logs to see if I could see where 1.1.1 gets picked up instead of 2.1 but I found it to be a bit out of my depth unfortunately.

Thanks again for taking the time
1 posts
Hi everyone, I've been testing with Agx from blender 4.0 in Houdini and Maya, I think it's better in the handling of saturation and CIO color values. Best regards

Attachments:
Agx Punchy.png (1.2 MB)
Agx.png (1.1 MB)

• Quick Links