Houdini 20.5 Rumors

1651   5   0
18 posts
Rumors and thoughts on Houdini 20.5?
212 posts

Dude H20 is so new that even wikipedia hasn't updated the list and you're already asking for H20.5

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-02-10 205915.png (46.8 KB)

39 posts
Rumors: August.
Thoughts: As good as always.
56 posts
I hope that 20.5 will be released ASAP so work on AI in H21 can be main focus and also huge redo of UI will be wery well welcome.And of course animation stuff so whole pipeline can be done in Houdini.
77 posts
And few modeling updates as it looks like this area is on hold for the last few versions; a few tools need fixing while others, some refining.
Better snapping behavior and management (transient hotkey, preferences that are permanently saved).
Improved animation editor (Maya does this right). It's great that rigging(kinefx, apex) is being further developed, but we need better tools for manual keyframe animation.
The UI/UX subject seems to attract some controversy, for some say it's fine as it is while others say it needs an overhaul. I fall somewhere in between - I don't think it needs a radical change, but it could use some improvements from an aesthetic and functional PoV. Not very high priority on my wish-list.
183 posts
citizen
Better snapping behavior and management (transient hotkey, preferences that are permanently saved).

I was trying to stay out of this perhaps-a-little-too-early thread, but couldn't resist adding "+100" to this : )
Edited by Mike_A - today 06:25:24
  • Quick Links