How to reference an rbd fracture in a point deform sop

237   1   1
3 posts
Hello if anyone could help, that would be great!

I'm testing an rbd sim. I have a tube that I've scattered spheres on using a copy to points sop. I've fractured the tube using a rbd material fracture node. I'd like to also deform the scatter spheres based on the rbd fracture. I thought I could do this using a point deform node(the copied spheres would be plugged into the Mesh to Deform input, the static tube would be plugged into the Rest Point Lattice input and the geometry output of the Bullet solver would be plugged into the deformed point lattice input). However it's not working and I think I've gone about this the wrong way. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Attachments:
Procedural_fracture test.hipnc (1.2 MB)

394 posts
Here's a fix using your current setup.

A couple of things: In your Point Deform sop, your Rest geo lattice should have the same topology as your Deformed point lattice, so you should connect the fractured tube before its simulation, and not the initial tube primitive.

Also, the output of your bullet solver consisted of packed fragments, be sure to unpack it before connecting to the deform.

And finally, I Packed and instanced your points in the Copy to points sop, to make sure points from the same sphere don't get deformed by different points on your lattice.

There are also other ways to do this, you could have scattered points on your simulated cache and have them stick using attribute interpolate (look it up) and only copy the spheres after, or transfer the name attribute from your fractured geo to your scattered points, only export your points from the sim and use Transform pieces.

Attachments:
Procedural_fracture test_fixed.hipnc (1.2 MB)

• Quick Links