Search - User list
Full Version: Bulletsolver killzone without dops?
Root » Technical Discussion » Bulletsolver killzone without dops?
stinzen
Hello, I'm working on a simulation tool that scatters debris in Unreal, using the bullet solver.

I'm wondering if there is a way to make kill zone without using dops? I only have a Core license and not access to dop networks. I'm trying to optimize the calculation time.

I would like to stop simulating and remove debris at a certain height, like after the red line on the picture.

FedorK_FX
You could remove them after the simulation, group and blast should do the trick.
Italimpex Productions
Hello. I'm attaching a modified version of RBD Bullet Solver to resolve your issue. It deletes RBD pieces in pre-solve inside the DOP network so it should speed up the calculations.
You just need to install this HDA like any other. Download the .hda file and move it into local Houdini directory (Documents/houdiniX.X/otls/).

Inside your hip file replace default RBD Bullet Solver with this cullzone_rbdbulletsolver. You should see Enable Cull Zone toggle and Cull Height parameter inside the node. Adjust the cull height so you don't delete the collider as well.

I hope it helps!
stinzen
Thank you Italimpex Productions, amazing, it works like a charm!




FedorK_FX - Yes I have done this, but it's a tool used in Unreal by other users and I want to improve the performance of the simulation itself by removing unnecessary calculations which this cull zone does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.