debragrace
Dec. 22, 2003 12:55:08
Hi,
Maybe this has been requested before, but wouldn't it be nice if the Houdini docs were available online on the SESI site?
Derivative does this for Touch (and other 3D apps do to):
http://www.derivativeinc.com/Tools/Touch000/TouchDocs.html [
derivativeinc.com]
And … wouldn't it be grand to have the HDK docs and DOxygenated HDK header files too!
HDK for free! :-)
–Mark
goldfarb
Dec. 22, 2003 13:28:22
Vislab used to have the install files extracted - the docs could be read…but they stopped doing this a while ago….
rmagee
Dec. 22, 2003 16:05:16
Mark,
Why would you need the documentation online when the latest docs are installed with Houdini? Is there anything you are missing?
debragrace
Dec. 22, 2003 19:30:44
Hi Robert,
Only for a matter of convienance. I was wanting to look some stuff up but don't have Houdini installed on the laptop I'm using and went over to Derivative's site to look up a few SOPs. So obviously not a hot priority, but would helpful. It would be easy to, as most of the docs are in HTML already, so it would be just a matter of pushing the new/revised docs up to the SESI site.
The DOxy'd HDK docs are a life saver for programmers, but having to generate them every so often when a new release comes out can be a task automated and pushed to the SESI site easily too.
BTW: When I say “HDK for free”, I mean as in bundled with each Houdini project, not a freebie per se.
Have a good holiday Robert! :-)
–Mark
debragrace
Dec. 22, 2003 19:36:35
rmagee
Is there anything you are missing?
But now that you ask … :roll:
What about that Houdini book we were talking about at the last SIGGRAPH Houdini user meeting … :-)
Is SESI-Santa going to leave something in my stocking this year?
It would be *so* welcome! Hint-Hint …
–Mark
deecue
Dec. 24, 2003 01:22:17
I've kinda run in to this before. Where I wish I could look up something in the docs for reasons like mark said. or sometimes I don't wan't to have to install the newest version but am interested in reading an updated doc to see what new features have been included with detailed descriptions of use. and possibly even learn about it before i actually do use the upgraded version.
thanks,
dave