Search - User list
Full Version: Character render
Root » Work in Progress » Character render
jimc
This was modeled/textured in ZBrush, then rigged in Messiah, and rendered in Houdini. Still have more work to do on the rigging part, hopefully will be part of an animation. Post done in AE to add glow and adjust refl and spec a little. This was just a test of the rig to see how it looks using a pose, as opposed to the standard T stance.

Full size img:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-01wC0PrY5tQ/TiyW_JRlvQI/AAAAAAAAFtU/43yTgmjwN3E/I/sierra-wip38.jpg [lh6.googleusercontent.com]
eitht
All i have to say is… GIVE HER HAIR IN HOUDINI!
Always see incredible fur/hair renders made with it, looking forward to more progress.

Great job!

eitht.
jimc
Thanks! I have made some hair test, but I haven't fully tweaked it yet for the character. Here's what I have so far on a bust, with a wind force applied.

jimc
Character on her custom light cycle, rendered in Mantra with micro-poly renderer. Post in AE.

jimc
Another couple of renders
circusmonkey
Looking good Jim !. Maybe time to get the characters into an environment

Rob
fsimerey
Hi Jim,
good job but i don't understand why you didn't use Houdini to perform the post compositing…

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.