Search - User list
Full Version: Softimage to Houdini guides
Root » SI Users » Softimage to Houdini guides
madrenderman
Are the pdf files still available ? The sidefx link seems broken
jordibares
At the moment they are hosting them due to the fact it was crippling my Dropbox account (I was forced to go to Professional mode due to the traffic!!!)

If you are in a hurry I can put them on MEGA and you can download them from there.
jb
madrenderman
Jordi thank you, I had them some time ago and today I wanted to read and I can't find them anymore. If you can give a temporary link it would be great !
Fred-Animea-Studio
hi Jordi,

Is it possible to have the link too ?

thanks!
jordibares
I have exported the whole thing as one single PDF, feel free to download and redistribute. I will be keeping it there for a while but don't assume it will be there forever.

https://mega.nz/# [mega.nz]!BEVkXCgZ!5KOvkuR7mAX0uWquuVnH7_Jn3Ku1marx9msut42Sgl4

I hope it helps.
Fred-Animea-Studio
thank you very much!
very appreciated!
madrenderman
Thank you Jordi
anon_user_89151269
Easier link [tinyurl.com]
madrenderman
Cool, thank you
jordibares
Houdini Guides (v2) Countdown

I have been teasing you guys quite a bit so I think it is time to start the Beta process on the new project, this is the story.

After the success of the series of guides to help transition Softimage artists to Houdini, and given the SideFX fast speed of development, it was clear these guides needed an update. But of course, a PDF update was a bit too simple. So after months trying to find the best way (from PDFs with rich media to Apps with media content), I settled for a website approach which would open many interesting avenues for content creation and distribution.

So I have been working hard at it for the last year and invested the last 5 months on the actual construction of the platform which will allow us (this is no longer just me on my own) to update the content to help artists get up to speed with the Houdini's toolset and challenges ahead.

The goal is to fully update the transition guides create an even richer and more in-depth set of guides to help artists use Houdini.

All the content will be updated to the very latest version of Houdini and as soon as changes occur we will update them again. Also translated to Spanish (more coming in the future).

We are inviting artists interested in sharing their knowledge, approaches as well as their translation skills in exchange for full access. At the same time than I am exploring other avenues regarding money compensation but this will need some polls.

Over time we will add interviews, premium content, workshops, a download/shop area of curated tools and much more, so this is just the first phase.

Today I am calling for all of you interested in being involved in the Beta process in order to test the architecture, workflow, servers, plugins, security, content templates and more so please make sure you get in touch only if you can put a bit of time onto it.

The profile of people I am trying to find are;
- Houdini experienced artists.
- Softimage & Maya artists using Houdini.
- Softimage & Maya artists that have not used yet.
- Native Spanish speaking artists happy to help me translate it all.
- Wordpress + HTML + CSS + PHP experienced programmer.

If you are interested please send me an email to

beta@houdiniguides.com

I will be giving access little by little as I analyse the progress of the server which I imagine I will have to upgrade so please be patient.
RobW
Hi Jordi,

That sounds awesome!
And a website makes the most sense regarding updates. :-)

rob
jordibares
Thanks Rob, almost there with the website itself… quite a lot of work I must confess…

RobW
Hi Jordi,

That sounds awesome!
And a website makes the most sense regarding updates. :-)

rob
cristiano.policarpo
Thanks for the update Jordi!
ahmed_barakat
Don't want to sound impatient, I know it takes a lot of time and effort to produce such material but is there any update on the V2 Guide.

Thanks a lot for your efforts Jordi.

Cheers
jordibares
Sorry for the insane amount of time that has passed since my last post, ultimately my busy work schedule has eaten all my time and I am just now retaking the project.

Can't say when will be ready but I will try my very best to open it soon. Keep you posted and sorry for raising expectations and leaving the whole thing in the air… it is just life.

:-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.