Search - User list
Full Version: FCurve node In ICE
Root » SI Users » FCurve node In ICE
jerry7
Hi,

There is FCurve node in ICE that like ramp node in vop. But I find Ramp node have only linear and ease-in-out curve mode. I want make a fast-in slow-out curve in VOP Net. How could I do?

Thanks!
anon_user_37409885
many people have feature request bezier handles for the float ramp.
pbowmar
You can still old-school it by using an animation channel, keyframes at 1 and 100 (and any inbetween) then use the ‘chf()’ function to look up into that curve. That's what all use grey-hairs used to use and still do when the Ramp parm lacks the interpolations you want.
goldleaf
pbowmar
You can still old-school it by using an animation channel, keyframes at 1 and 100 (and any inbetween) then use the ‘chf()’ function to look up into that curve. That's what all use grey-hairs used to use and still do when the Ramp parm lacks the interpolations you want.

Wow, awesome tip!
jason_iversen
Or use a Ramp spare parameter and chramp(), of course!
pbowmar
That's the point, the Ramp parms don't have very controllable accel/decel like you'd want, some of the time.
jason_iversen
Helps if I read the question, doesn't it? ops:
pbowmar
I usually never do. TL; DR is my new motto.
jerry7
pbowmar

hi pbowmar ,

chf() may not be driven by different point attribute in Vop network. but ramp can do it.

In SI, FCurve is very useful for tweak particle per-point attribute.
pbowmar
Ah I see yes. In fact, you can use chf() with attributes, but in a clunky way: You make a local variable (which VOPs will create for you automatically in the Create Attribute VOP) then use that in the chf() function.

I agree that Ramp (particularly the Float Ramp) needs some love to get Beziers and other interpolations in there.

We use ramps extensively in Houdini too so I feel your pain.

Cheers,

Peter B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.