Search - User list
Full Version: UE4 Blend Shapes support / FBX
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » UE4 Blend Shapes support / FBX
sHTiF
Why doesn't Houdini Export blend shapes into the FBX format?

I tried Maya, 3DS Max and even Blender and blend shapes work ok inside UE4 but I can't get blend shapes working from Houdini exported FBX files. Is this a bug? Is there any ETA when this will be supported as its quite a major feature.

I can somewhat work around that using Houdini Engine but it is lacking a lot of features I would get from FBX imported blend shapes like runtime access or animating blend shapes.

Thanks.

EDIT: At second though this should be probably moved to Houdini forum instead of Engine forum. I am using Houdini Indie and I also filed this as a bug, currently Houdini is unusable for modular character modelling for game engines.
ttvdsfx
This has been filed as an RFE afaik, and yes there's no support for fbx blend shape export afaik (again).
Siavash Tehrani
I've also submitted this as a RFE.
I'm hoping that SESI will address the character side of “Houdini for games” as well. For example, it would be great to have a working autorig that exports easily into UE4/Unity. Getting blendshapes to export in fbx would be a good start though.
electricalpencil
check out Stevenc Burrichter's game tools branch, https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset, [github.com] there's a asset in there that converts vertex animations into bone rigs that UE4 can read.

but yeah real blend morph support would be ideal.
sHTiF
Yep I am aware of the GDT and used it sometimes but in most cases I already have fully rigged character with bones and just want to add blend shapes so it wouldn't be feasible to add it as additional bones.
Pavel Geraskin
Hi.

Blendshapes are supported in H16+.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.