Search - User list
Full Version: Instance Point Lights ?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Instance Point Lights ?
MagnusL3D
Is it possible to setup instances in Houdini so upon load in Unreal they will generate Unreal Point Lights ?
damian
There's no easy way to do it at the moment. But this has been asked before so I'll bump the priority on this RFE.
MagnusL3D
Great ! my little project realy needs it
MagnusL3D
And if your wondering why this is a screenshot from Houdini Engine skyscrapers I am doing in Unreal.
damian
Cool! I can see why you'd want instanced lights.
MagnusL3D
Yeah it would be great, is it a hard thing to implement ? I mean, and it might be a hard question to answer, but how far into the future might it be ?
damian
Sorry, can't say for sure when we'll get to support lights in Houdini Engine.
MagnusL3D
Ah what a shame, have to place thosands of lights manually instead
damian
Instancing lights does work in Unity though.
MagnusL3D
Aaah you evil evil ! already spend so much time learning how Houdini Engine works with Unreal It's looking like this now.

damian
Wow, looks awesome!
MagnusL3D
Thanks, I've also sort of come to the conclusion that probably ‘Use Emissive for lighting’ would be even better if it worked than point lights, and perhaps easier ? But obviously point light's would be awesome to.
MagnusL3D
Here is some more inspiration for Point Lights and Emissive lighting support in Unreal HE
damian
You should try our new website's gallery feature, here: http://www.sidefx.com/gallery [sidefx.com]
…if you haven't already.
MagnusL3D
damian
You should try our new website's gallery feature, here: http://www.sidefx.com/gallery [sidefx.com]
…if you haven't already.

Oh yes I posted other things there, but since this is work in progress I will wait..either till im done or abodone it hehe Made alot of progress today.
MagnusL3D
Come to think about it, it would be very cool if I could besides point lights also generate reflection spheres

Here is a new pic.
twelveplusplus
+1 for instancing lights in Unreal!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.