Search - User list
Full Version: glitch on looping vertex anim via texture
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » glitch on looping vertex anim via texture
aoakenfoArchiact
Is this normal during a loop reset? What you're seeing is inside UE4, exported with consistent topology (as far as I can tell). Happens most frames, but occasionally loops seamlessly.

On export, I cut the first and last frame as the extrude doesn't kick in until frame 2. If I don't I would get inconsistent topology.
lkruel
It shouldn't do that no…

Can you try using the HDA from this project?
dropbox.com/s/7ihdawwj2a03jr8/GDC2017_VertexAnimationTextures.zip?dl=0

Luiz
aoakenfoArchiact
The UE4 project from your talk loops seamlessly.

Previously, I had the playrate set to 0.33. If I crank it up to 3.0, there are fewer glitches.

I'm on UE4 4.14.3
lkruel
So if you use the HDA under Source inside of that zip file and use that to export your data, do you still have issues?
lkruel
So if you use the HDA under Source inside of that zip file and use that to export your data, do you still have issues?
aoakenfoArchiact
If I open up cloth.hip and hit Render I get this.

FIXED: matched current definition first

UPDATE: I get a failed to import FBX in UE4 for the cloth mesh.
lkruel
Hmm that's interesting. That file is what is shown in the project. Could you dive into the asset and see what specifically is failing?
aoakenfoArchiact
If I match the current definition, the vertex_animation_textures1 node becomes empty (no nodes inside). I'm on Houdini Core 16.0.557. On startup, I see this dialog.

Previously, I was trying to import the fbx from GDC2017_VertexAnimationTextures\Source\Cloth\export
lkruel
Could it be possible that you have another HDA by the same name? If you unlock and save that node where does it save to?
Ideally you're using the updated HDA from the link sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.