Search - User list
Full Version: Mantra Render Problem
Root » Houdini Lounge » Mantra Render Problem
iamjaideep80
Hi Everbody…

There is a question. Why mantra takes time to Render blank areas, even if there is no geometry, no fog, nothing.

I took a Cube, placed it in the middle of Camra View, one light, one camera. Camera set to 720 * 576. Thats it.
Even then it takes time to render blank space. And it is a considerable time. abt 5 sec to render the Cube and 15 sec to render the blank. Is there a way to reduce this problem. Or is there some specific setting.

Waiting for ur answer.
Thanking in advance.

——iamjaideep80
andrewc
Have you made any other changes to the default scene? What type of processor/OS are you using? My render of a cube in the default startup scene renders the blank areas much faster than the cube.

Andrew
pbowmar
Also, is this rendering direct to Mplay? On a single-CPU system, a certain amount of time is taken up by Mplay dealing with the incoming buckets. Try making your bucket size bigger (-B option to mantra) which I find speeds interactive renders on a single CPU system.

Cheers,

Peter B
iamjaideep80
Hi Everybody….

Thank u for replying.
I forgot to tell you the system config.

It is Xeon with 2 processors of 3 GHz .
2 GB RAM. And QuadroFX 1300 Graphics Card.

I don't think the problem is because of the system config.
I forgot to tell you that, for the Test rendering, I created Mantra out. and used
default parameters.
I think there is something that I should turn off or do some changes.
Or am I doing something wrong ????

Can u Explain????

—-iamjaideep80
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.