Search - User list
Full Version: Tweaking bones after the capture
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Tweaking bones after the capture
peteski
Hi there,

Is there a way to tweak bone positions after the capture? I've moved the positions of these bones and re-stashed the geo but the deform just goes back to were it was

Is there a way to somehow reset that deform node?
Thanks,
Pete
goldfarb
you'l need to align the capture position of the bones - there is a tool on the Rigging Shelf called Align Capture Pose
peteski
Hmm, if you have a second, can you check this out. I was trying that tool and it broke my scene a bit. I can't seem to get this to work anymore. I just keep getting this error.

Any idea what that might mean?
Thanks,
Pete
goldfarb
with biharmonic, the fist step it too create points that have the capture attributes (bonecapturelines)
next a tet mesh is built that incorporates those points (solidembed)
then the biharmonic capture SOP treats the tets that don't have the attribute as something to ‘solve’ - so it does it's thing and spreads out the attributes

in you file there are no points from the bonecapturelines in the tet mesh - solidembed

when you make your tet mesh you are losing a lot of volume - turn on Base Size on the Solid Embed and display it to see that the bones are now within that mesh
peteski
Awesome, thanks for checking that out, and the tips!

One thing, is there a way to align capture pose for a bunch of bones at once?
goldfarb
yep - I always do this in the wrong order but, I'm pretty sure it's:
Shelf > Align Capture Pose > drag select the bones (I do this in the Network)
you should then see the tool prompt say “<number of bones> Aligned”
peteski
Great! thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.