Search - User list
Full Version: "Use Asset Object Transform" not working
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » "Use Asset Object Transform" not working
GeordieM
Hi all, I'm creating a HDA that needs to generate multiple objects in Maya with transforms.

Anyone actually got “Use Asset Object Transform” to work? In Houdini I created single object containing a sphere. I set the object's X translation to 10 and created a HDA. I loaded the HDA into Maya and checked “Use Asset Object Transform”. The object's transform is locked/unlocked, but the transform in Maya doesn't actually change to match the transform set in Houdini.

Another thing I've noticed is that the transforms of all objects in a Houdini object level subnet are locked in Maya, but have been zeroed out. Seems like a bug.

Using H16.5, Maya 2017.
GeordieM
I also thought maybe setting keys would help. It doesn't. I would have expected animated transforms in sub graphs to still work.
juliap
This looks like the bug that was fixed in 16.5.498 - when I save the subnet asset from the file attached to the support issue it loads the same way in maya, and if I animate the transforms the animation comes through
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.