Search - User list
Full Version: GameDev Toolset | Marmoset Toolbag ROP
Root » Houdini for Realtime » GameDev Toolset | Marmoset Toolbag ROP
Ambrosiussen
Hey!

We've been working on a Marmoset Toolbag 3 plugin for Houdini for some time now.. (GameDevToolset)
And we would like to get some feedback from the userbase.

It should be part of release 1.23 or newer!
Please do note that you need a valid license for Toolbag 3, but you can use a trial license for testing aswell.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/game-tools-marmoset-toolbag-rop/ [www.sidefx.com]
Snappy_Darko
Is it me or is there no actual dl link for this? (the above link takes you here [www.sidefx.com] but there's no link to the file ? Tried looking in the github, couldn't see it there either. Looks great though.
Ambrosiussen
Hi,

The page the download button links to describes how to download and install the GameDevToolset. (With all tools)
Once you have followed those instructions you should have the tool installed & ready for use.

If you want to manually download from github, grab the rop_marmoset_export.hda file from https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset/tree/Development/otls [github.com]
Vasilis Triantafyllou
This is unbelievably awesome! I was thinking of creating the tool by myself but you made it much better! thanks so much for this
I noticed that the coloring (tint) of the quickmaterial does not work. Do you consider interfacing with all the material parameters available in marmoset?
I was wondering if you would consider taking advantage the baking of marmoset because it’s so wickedly fast. I would be very much interested in this.
Please let me know
Cheers
Vasilis Triantafyllou
Anybody knows the plans for this?
thanks
Ambrosiussen
Hey!

I hadn't seen your request on here, but you're in luck! That request actually got submitted to Github.
Try downloading the latest version of the tools, and let me know how it goes.

As for the baking, we have written the logic for Toolbag already.. But are waiting for the bigger update of the GameDev baking tools to integrate it.

Cheers
Vasilis Triantafyllou
Thanks for the reply! Works Great now, can't wait for the baking integration
szann
Is there an example hip available? Don't understand how the textures are being generated.
Vasilis Triantafyllou
szann
Is there an example hip available? Don't understand how the textures are being generated.
https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset/blob/Development/hip/marmoset_toolbag_demoscene.hip [github.com]
hebisdstudent1
Hi. Will this work with Houdini Apprentice?

Also do you(or anyone else) know if everything in the Gamedev toolset works with Apprentice? If not do you know what the specific limitations are?
Ambrosiussen
hebisdstudent1
Hi. Will this work with Houdini Apprentice?

Also do you(or anyone else) know if everything in the Gamedev toolset works with Apprentice? If not do you know what the specific limitations are?

Hi,

The tool does not work with Apprentice, since it requires the exporting of FBX files. This is only supported for for Indie or higher.

As for other tools, if they don't rely on FBX they should work properly. (90+% of the tools)

Paul
nolan515
Thanks Paul. This is great. Does it support subsurface scattering or transparency? I can't see how to use either with the Marmoset ROP. Is it limited to Albedo, Normals, Reflectivity, and Gloss?
Ambrosiussen
nolan515
Thanks Paul. This is great. Does it support subsurface scattering or transparency? I can't see how to use either with the Marmoset ROP. Is it limited to Albedo, Normals, Reflectivity, and Gloss?

Hey!

Right now I decided to limit it to the default material slots Marmoset has. It however shouldn't be too much work to add another channel like Transparency. Not sure about subsurface though, since the principledshader does not support it.

If you'd like Transparency however, please submit an RFE so I don't lose track of it!
https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]

Thanks!
Shiva3D
Amazing tool!
Will be great to improve it to Marmoset level.
Need more material setups.. GGX, SSS and so on. Metalness right now dont work correctly.
Need lights and render setup (shadows, reflections, GI)
And this will be super fast render tool.
ChrisGG
Hey,

did you integrate the baking feature?

Best,
Chris
Ambrosiussen
No we have not. All Marmoset RFEs that have been submitted have been implemented.. And baking was not mentioned in any of those.
If you need baking support, please RFE it with support
AdMorris
:Bump: This looks really cool! It would be a great alternative to rendering animations in Unreal Engine or Blender Eevee, especially if we could get similar results with just laying down a ROP in H. A real time engine is one of the only things missing from Houdini and this is potentially as close to that as we can get. I'm wondering though if this supports lights setup in Houdini? Or is it limited to HDRI based lighting only in its current version?
vinyvince
Agree, that will a fantastic companion if it could be fully integrated.
Karma seem far behind for easy to use and advancement. Today it is not a luxury to have an effective realtime render in the viewport, it's a must
vinyvince
Any update on the subject?
John31
Is the new version of MT.4 is supported ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.