Search - User list
Full Version: issue when writing geometry
Root » PDG/TOPs » issue when writing geometry
heimlich
This is a very simple hda, but fails on writing geometry. It seems that as soon as i add `@pdg_index` to the filename, it can not cook anymore.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong ?
kenxu
This looks to be an issue within Houdini itself. Your HDA appears to be triggering some functionality within Houdini that is crashing. This is probably not to do with PDG itself, but rather some other bits of Houdini functionality. If you could please attach the HDA and the data involved, we could track it a bit further to see exactly what is crashing.
heimlich
kenxu
This looks to be an issue within Houdini itself. Your HDA appears to be triggering some functionality within Houdini that is crashing. This is probably not to do with PDG itself, but rather some other bits of Houdini functionality. If you could please attach the HDA and the data involved, we could track it a bit further to see exactly what is crashing.

ahh. great.. thanks for letting me know.. I'll file a proper report with everything attached !.
heimlich
I just packaged everything up, and before sending, i tested it again. and this time, everything worked fine. (i had put everything into the $HIP folder.. the images, the hda and output dir also.

I wonder if it has something to do with the hda being in the documents folder normally, versus in the $hip folder that i created for sending everything. I will check this some more as I dont want to waste your time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.