Search - User list
Full Version: PDG For Indie GameDev Help
Root » PDG/TOPs » PDG For Indie GameDev Help
Higashibashi
I've been following this great course https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-for-indie-gamedev-section-4-scattering-foilage/#comment-4222 [www.sidefx.com] but got stuck at the 8th video. The terrain scattering cooking bit fails everytime in the PDGLink even though in Houdini everything cooks fine. As you can see there are several people also mentioning below with the same issue.

Was wondering how to fix it. I did try to move the CSV file under the Assets directory in Unity but doesn't seem to work for me either.

Help Appreciated.
Higashibashi
Upon further investigation I can on occasion get the foliage to spawn into the map after a successful cook. Usually this is after opening a fresh instance of Unity and cleaning and reinstalling the PDGlink but here's the odd thing. If I do not change a single setting and do a 2nd cook it fails every time. I then go back into Houdini and I see red exclamation triangles suddenly everywhere. I then have to recook inside Houdini all the HDAs to remove the red triangles, save the node, reimport into Unity, close unity to make a fresh instance, and recook inside Unity. Then it works 50% of the time.
seelan
What do the errors say on those nodes with the red exclamations?

What version of Houdini are you using?

In Unity, before the 2nd cook, can you try a Dirty All, then a Cook Output?
Higashibashi
Ah thanks for getting back it's been a few days since.
I somehow got the foliage to spawn in unity and everything seems fine on that front. I honestly don't know what I did wrong it just started working after a few days of it sitting there.

As an aside would love to see more PDGlink and Houdini Engine tutorials for Unity/UE4 in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.