Search - User list
Full Version: Object network in top network
Root » PDG/TOPs » Object network in top network
beesperester
Hi,
I am working on bundling some utility texture baking stuff inside of a custom top hda, where a ropfetch will render a baketexture node inside a rop network also located in the hda.

This works well if the required uv object / high res object is located somewhere under /obj but will throw an error of “No match for object1” once I move the lowres geometry container inside an obj network in my custom top hda even though I make sure that the relative paths resolve correctly.

If I use an object merge node in a new geometry container directly under /obj and point it to the geometry object in my top hda it resolves fine and I get all the points and prims.

Please check out my attached example file.

Is this supposed behaviour? Thanks in advance :-)
kenxu
Yes, it currently is. We support absolute paths only at the moment with PDG stuff. This is because the ROP Fetch can point to a path in a totally different hip file, in which case the relative path doesn't mean anything. In the specific (but common) case where the ROP Fetch is pointing to something in the local file, though, we have an RFE to support relative paths in this case.
beesperester
Thanks, I think I have a better understanding of this now. I restructured my setup and moved the texture baking stuff inside an object nectwork hda and process this in pdg via hdaprocessor which works fine :-)
Ostap
Hi,

A couple of related questions.
Can you please explain:
1. Why PDG can't render if I referencing to a different subnet?
2. Why PDG can't render if I referencing to a SOPNet?

Example file in attachment.

Thanks
Ostap
kenxu
This is addressed in this thread:

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/69324/ [www.sidefx.com]

Basically it's not a PDG bug but rather an issue with that particular ROP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.