Search - User list
Full Version: Vertex Animation issues with extruded wall.
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Vertex Animation issues with extruded wall.
Yehbe
Hey everyone,

I have created a wall that has it's faces extruded based on some rippling attributes.

I have tried the soft method because there are no changes in Primitive numbers so I assume the topology stays the same. When I try to export the vertex animation I get an “error rendering child:/out/Vertex_Anim_Extrude/render_position_and_packed_normal/render_position_and_packed_normal” message.

I do see there is a result, but when I import the result to my Unreal scene the result isn't matching with what is in Houdini. It looks like some faces are missing.

This is the same scene in Houdini

Anyone know what I should do? Or should I try another method?
mikelyndon-sesi
Have you turned off remove degenerates when importing the mesh into ue4?
Yehbe
I thought that was supposed to be turned on? I have turned it off but it still doesn't work.

Making the mesh two sided in the material seems to fix the holes. But the extrusion still isn't one to one.
mikelyndon-sesi
It’s difficult to troubleshoot your issue with the info you’ve provided. That error could mean anything and the static images don’t explain what’s happening behind the scenes. Can you share your hip file?
Yehbe
Here you go, it's a bit messy but it's mostly about the last few nodes in Room Lights, and the mesh that gets baked is from the node Room_Extrusions

Image Not Found
mikelyndon-sesi
Yehbe, this file is using an apprentice version of Houdini. You can't export fbx geometry with apprentice.
Yehbe
I am using this project on a school computer. So I think it's a commercial file for anywhere outside of the school servers. I can export the FBX just fine here. Or do you think it doesn't export the file properly because of the license?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.