Search - User list
Full Version: AMD Radeon ProRender Solaris plugin
Root » 3rd Party » AMD Radeon ProRender Solaris plugin
mtucker
Yes, the changes I describe would allow a single render delegate isntallation to be referenced by any number of (compatible) Houdini installations without reinstalling the render delegate.

Authoring of renderer-specific shaders is absolutely supported by Houdini, but it's up to each renderer to provide its own VOP nodes to do this (and possibly a python plugin to translate from VOP noes to UsdShade nodes). We have some work to do documenting the procedure for third party render delegate authors, but we've spoken to several who have successfully implemented their own custom shader authoring within VOPs.
bsavery
Posted a version 1.1.0 Release:

https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderUSD/blob/v1.1.0/CHANGELOG.MD [github.com]
1.1 Release
New features
- Added Centos 7 build
- RPR Render Settings moved to tab in “Render Settings” LOP node for use in Houdini.
- Image Gamma supported for GL textures
- Add support for alpha compositing render output. This allows overlaying on the Houdini background and viewport gizmos
- Support for UsdTransform2D nodes in shading (Only single level, not nested)
- Per object subdivision. Also added a HDA RPR Mesh Properties Node for specifying subdivision level in Houdini
- Support of doublesided meshes
- Support of HdDisplayStyle::displacementEnabled attributes
- Camera FStop, Focal Length, Aperture, Focus Distance and Clipping Range is supported on cameras
- Support for tapered width curves (linear curves only)
- Add debugging environment variable. Set HD_RPR_ERROR_OUTPUT_FILE=some_file.txt to dump USD errors when rendering with hdRPR in Houdini.
Fixes
- Fixed finding Hybrid.so on Ubuntu
- Houdini 18.0.311 changes orientation of Dome lights. Match this corrected behavior, but for users on older versions of Houdini can set HDRPR_INVERT_DOME_LIGHT_Z_AXIS=0 in enviroment variables to get old behavior.
- Hide “Error unsupported” warnings on hybrid modes
- Only Houdini 18 versions are shown in the installer script
- Fixed handling of USDUvTexture scale and bias
- Fixed an issue if an AOV was created but format changed
- Fix compilation warnings on macOS
- Subdivision is automatically enabled on objects with displacement
- Fix crash when releasing displacement nodes
- Render Quality setting is disabled on macOS
- Viewport “Headlight” is now removed when the user adds a light.
TwinSnakes007
Thanks, I will test this weekend.
bsavery
Daryl Dunlap
Thanks, I will test this weekend.
Thanks Daryl! Please log any issues on the github page.
Soothsayer
Are there sample hip files available?
hshakula
Soothsayer
Are there sample hip files available?
You can take any hip file that uses Karma and select RPR in Persp menu. Right now there is only one RPR-specific thing – RPR Mesh Properties node to control per primitive subdivision level
Zemelka
Does someone knows how to use tesselation and motion blur? With RPR
hshakula
For tesselation use “RPR Mesh Properties” node or “Edit Properties” with custom Int property “primvar:rpr:subdivisionLevel”
The motion blur currently is not supported. Do you have sample files with motion blur? It would be helpful for me in the future when I will be adding support for it
coafablab
Where can I learn how to install this plugin, as the Help file only helps those
that already know how to install using Cmake?

I installed Cmake from their website and I am trying to use the GUI, not the CLI.

Please let me know where I can learn how to install this plugin, Google search
has not been useful so far.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
hshakula
Have you looked at INSTALL.md that is distributed with releases? The installation process requires python only
DavidJNelson
Anybody had any problems installing this for Houdini? Everytime I run the .bat file it just shows this text in the terminal saying it's ‘paused’ when I hit any key it closes terminal. Any advice?
hshakula
DavidJNelson
Anybody had any problems installing this for Houdini? Everytime I run the .bat file it just shows this text in the terminal saying it's ‘paused’ when I hit any key it closes terminal. Any advice?
Hey, try the package from here https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/12TkSr1G3gQpj-LRQpiGCHrmGozY7YRIj [drive.google.com]
If the problem persists, fill issue here https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderUSD/issues [github.com]
izard303
DavidJNelson

Keep in mind that you have to run it as Administrator.
eriksdesign
Hello everyone.
I need assistance on installing this software on linux.
I have installed both houdini 18.0.287 and 18.0.416, both attempts to install amd Radeon pro render have failed.

I use python3 install.py command. The install looks kinda small. Am i missing something?

Can i run the Amd Radeon pro renderer on houdini 18.0.416?

—————
Update.

Got help from Github.
The install with python3 install.py was fully comlpete. And it works best on the 18.0.287 version.
Due to the freshness of radeon pro renderer, there's no documentation yet.
And just to clearify for other newcomers out there. _There is no text string for houdini.env_
Pro radeon render nodes are available in the lopnetwork.

/Erik
gui2one
Hi everyone,
this is pretty tantalizing, unfortunately Houdini keeps crashing every time I change a parameter on a material. ( it crashes without any error message ).

I am on Windows 10 64bits, AlienWare laptop, with Nvidia graphics ( drivers are up to date ).
Houdini 18.5.408.

Would that a hardware issue ?

Also, I could'nt find any docs on the plugin. It's not clear to me what materials are supported, or how to access RPR options ( options are not available, when pressing ‘d’ in the lops viewport).

Apart from that, I am very excited to see where this is going ! thanks a lot
hshakula
gui2one
Hi everyone,
this is pretty tantalizing, unfortunately Houdini keeps crashing every time I change a parameter on a material. ( it crashes without any error message ).

I am on Windows 10 64bits, AlienWare laptop, with Nvidia graphics ( drivers are up to date ).
Houdini 18.5.408.

Would that a hardware issue ?

Also, I could'nt find any docs on the plugin. It's not clear to me what materials are supported, or how to access RPR options ( options are not available, when pressing ‘d’ in the lops viewport).

Apart from that, I am very excited to see where this is going ! thanks a lot

Hi, please post issue on https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderUSD/issues [github.com] with a sample project, plugin version and steps to reproduce the crash. Thank you
GreenMule
Hello. Found this plugin just a couple of hours ago and I love it! Thanks for this. There are several points. Is it possible to bake the result for game models, and if not, will it be? There are strange artifacts with normals, am I doing something wrong? I am not an expert in this, but it seems to me that the triplanar should work differently.
hshakula
GreenMule
Hello. Found this plugin just a couple of hours ago and I love it! Thanks for this. There are several points. Is it possible to bake the result for game models, and if not, will it be?

We have no plans of adding this in RPR.

GreenMule
There are strange artifacts with normals, am I doing something wrong? I am not an expert in this, but it seems to me that the triplanar should work differently.

Could you please share the .hip project? And even better if you log an issue on github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderUSD for this.
benco
Hey, I just installed the latest version of RPR, and the Material Library doesn't contain a materials.json file, so there's no way to import any material.
I'm on Linux.
Where can I find the materials.json file?
There's a manifest.json file in the library, but one of the keys the import tool is looking for, "dependencies", isn't listed.

Also, in your documentation, there's a file: asset/basicscene/generated/scene.usda, but there's no mention of where to download it.
Cheers
hshakula
benco
Hey, I just installed the latest version of RPR, and the Material Library doesn't contain a materials.json file, so there's no way to import any material.
I'm on Linux.
Where can I find the materials.json file?
There's a manifest.json file in the library, but one of the keys the import tool is looking for, "dependencies", isn't listed.

I just downloaded the material library from a link specified in the description and it has such folder structure:
/MaterialLibrary
  /Materials
  /Swatches
  /Textures
  /materials.json

What is the manifest.json file you are talking about?

When my RPR_MTLX_MATERIAL_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable points to a wrong directory I see such error:

I need to set RPR_MTLX_MATERIAL_LIBRARY_PATH to /MaterialLibrary to get it working:

So please could you please verify that your RPR_MTLX_MATERIAL_LIBRARY_PATH points to the correct directory.

benco
Also, in your documentation, there's a file: asset/basicscene/generated/scene.usda, but there's no mention of where to download it.

You can get it here - https://github.com/hshakula/hdRprDocs. [github.com] But it's definitely should have been hosted on https://radeon-pro.github.io/. [radeon-pro.github.io]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.