Search - User list
Full Version: Material assignments broken until I Sync
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » Material assignments broken until I Sync
davidabfall
I am assigning Maya materials through the primitive attribute “maya_shading_group”. When I change params to change the geo the materials get broken. When I sync it fixes them all. Am I applying the attribute in the wrong place or is this a known issue with maya? Can I trigger a sync somehow?

Edit: Using Houdini 18 and maya 2018.5. Also happened with Houdini 17.5
Edit: Video of the problem in action: https://youtu.be/e-qQJsyMnGM?t=92 [youtu.be]
Edit: After trying all the options I found that checking “Split Geos By Group” fixes most of the problems! Ill leave this up incase someone has a better answer. I dont really want to split the geo.

Thanks for your help!

Broken Materials:

After Sync:
johnmather
Hi David,

My first thought from looking at this is that the material assignment is not recomputing when the attributes are changed. I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Could you try with Auto Sync enabled?
davidabfall
That would be my guess as well. AutoSync alone does not fix it. But when it is paired with Split Geo by Groups it seems to get a lot better.

Thanks for looking into it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.