Search - User list
Full Version: $HSITE defaults for TractorScheduler?
Root » PDG/TOPs » $HSITE defaults for TractorScheduler?
davidoberst
I'm looking at helping connect our Houdini (18.0.287) use to our Tractor farm. One thing I'm trying to find is where a new Tractor Scheduler node gets its default values. Do they come from $HFS/houdini/properties/top/tractor.ds, or are those already incorporated into the .hda? If the former, is there a way to do a site-wide override? For instance, if I wanted the default Tractor service key to be, say, “Mumford”, instead of the current default “Houdini”, can I place a file of some sort in $HSITE to provide the new default for one or more of the parms?
chrisgreb
If you put a script like: $HOUDINI_PATH/scripts/top/tractorscheduler_OnCreated.py

You can do:
node = kwargs['node']
node.parm('tractor_servicekeys').set('Mumford')

To set that value for the scheduler node.
davidoberst
chrisgreb
If you put a script like: $HOUDINI_PATH/scripts/top/tractorscheduler_OnCreated.py

You can do:
node = kwargs['node']
node.parm('tractor_servicekeys').set('Mumford')

To set that value for the scheduler node.
So if I create that file in $HSITE/houdini17.5/scripts/top/tractorscheduler.OnCreated.py, it will be preferentialy picked up from the site area, right?
chrisgreb
I think so, it's the standard mechanism here:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/locations.html#node_event_files [www.sidefx.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.