Search - User list
Full Version: Merge attributes as an array on partition?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Merge attributes as an array on partition?
waynewu
Hi,

Not sure if this is already supported, but is there a way to merge work item attributes into an array when partitioning? Currently, merging work items' attributes will overwrite the attribute value. It'd be nice to be able to merge them into a list instead.

Thanks,

Wayne W.
tpetrick
There's an existing RFE for that, but currently it's not possible. You can choose the sorting order which will affect which work item's attributes appear on the partition, but concatenation isn't support for anything but the output file list. I posted some Python snippets here: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/72957/ [www.sidefx.com] Those show how you can handle it manually right now, using a Python Script or Python Processor. I'm hoping to tackle the RFE between now and the next release, and when the change is done it'll be backported to older version as well (18.0 for sure, possibly 17.5).
waynewu
Ah I missed that forum topic. Yep, we're currently using Python Script as well to concatenate the attributes.

Thanks for the reply, look forward to it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.