Search - User list
Full Version: Arnold With H18
Root » 3rd Party » Arnold With H18
YvonneWatson
Hello, I have installed Houdini 18.0.391 Educational and Arnold for Houdini 18.0.391 but Houdini is not finding Arnold in the list of renderers. Is anyone else having this issue?
Pixel8d
If by “Educational” you mean Apprentice then it does not support 3rd party Renderers.
hshakula
Pixel8d
If by “Educational” you mean Apprentice then it does not support 3rd party Renderers.
Wrong.

YvonneWatson
Hello, I have installed Houdini 18.0.391 Educational and Arnold for Houdini 18.0.391 but Houdini is not finding Arnold in the list of renderers. Is anyone else having this issue?
Probably you have installed Arnold render delegate incorrectly. double-check

You can also test that 3rd party renderers actually works in Apprentice by installing Radeon Pro Render delegate [github.com]
Pixel8d
hshakula
Pixel8d
Wrong.

According to the comparison chart [www.sidefx.com] I am not “wrong”.

However I did later notice there is indeed a separate ‘Education’ version of Houdini that supports 3rd party renderers.
chothuethietbituannguyen
hshakula
Pixel8d
Wrong.

YvonneWatson
Probably you have installed Arnold render delegate incorrectly. double-check

You can also test that 3rd party renderers actually works in Apprentice by installing Radeon Pro Render delegate [github.com]
thanks!
TwinSnakes007
Apprentice allows 3rd party engines indeed (restricted to IPR only) - and it makes sense when you think about it, otherwise, you'd have to actually purchase Houdini to evaluate how the 3rd party engine performs in Houdini.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.