Search - User list
Full Version: Object disappears during Polygon Extrude action
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Object disappears during Polygon Extrude action
repowell
I am very new to Houdini and am following the beginner soccerball tutorial. I create a box and type s > 4 > n to select all primitives. I then go to Model > Polygon > Polygon Extrude and enter Distance: 0.4. The box completely disappears and I cannot get it back.

Please help.
vusta
a soccerball from a BOX ?

anyway, i did search and sure enough, some dude started from a box…then he did a switcharoo for a soccerball platonic less than a minute in…Snorrrrt.

anyway, just use a platonic, get it over with and spend the rest of your time exploring polyextrude.

Island
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-foundations-book/ [www.sidefx.com]
Page 48. Note that in this tutorial, they map the platonic onto a sphere with the ray node, which helps maintain the spherical shape. The book is written for an older version of Houdini, but works perfectly in version 18.

Similarly, see
https://vimeo.com/142494487 [vimeo.com]
Ra138
Got it. There are two principled shader and principal shader core. Former one is to be used.it wasted a lot of time to figure it out.
Ra138
In part 9 step 02
Once I disconnect the 3 lights. Then again connect them as written in pdf. The ball isn't there. I tried to check display of all the nodes but unable to figure out.
Maybe I have to undo and start over.
Edit
It's done. So basically when we add reference node. Then choose soccerball_anime.usd, we can see the ball again.
The previous ball can be seen if we on display of karmarendering node.
Ra138
Animation speed of my soccer has decreased after part 9. How to correct it.

Will move on to complete part 10 Set up a rigid body simulation.
Ra138
I completed this tutorial. I just need perfection in camera and lights part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.