Search - User list
Full Version: Texture/Mask/Displacement Painting HDA, WIP
Root » 3rd Party » Texture/Mask/Displacement Painting HDA, WIP
Bennell
I really hope so because no one else has done this.
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
I've learned a lot from and invested weeks of time into this, so I do hope to return to it at some point. So many ideas, so little time hahahaha
Bennell
Can you at least show the code that makes non-intersecting circles grow and collide with each other like on the pig head?
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Hmm, on the one hand, I just wanna give away and share everything, on the other hand,
it took me weeks to come to a refined and elegant solution and it feels a little weird just giving it away, especially since I might return to this and make an HDA to sell. But for you Bennell, as you are such an avid fan of this thread haha, hit me up on Discord : Wout#9629
Bennell
Got it!
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Hello !

I decided to revisit this, , cleaned it up, rewrote stuff, added stuff, lots of progressss :p
I split things up ( originally it was one HDA for painting, sculpting texturing, scales etc.. waaaay too much at once haha) gonna focus on just the scales now. More manageable, doable and fun :p

Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Some more updates with a dramatic pig and some more work on the directional growth of the scales:

Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Yeeeeeees, I added curved controlled directional growth, yippeeeeee

Wout Tengrootenhuysen
A little color goes a long way :p
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Blending directional with non directional scales:

mestela
Looking great!
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Thanks ! It's going really well with the progress :p
Bennell
Alright! Glad to have you back doing scales again.
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Bennell
Alright! Glad to have you back doing scales again.
Hello again ! :p Thanks :p
Bennell
Can you explain the process?
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Hi Bennell ! I'm working on in it right now, I intend to make a little video soon showing the workflow :p
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
I'm am very happy and proud to report my conversion of vex code to opencl is almost complete and that it is now order of magnitude faster ! More soooooooon :pp
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Update !
For the past 7 weeks or so I've been learning Opencl and I have converted most of the vex parts of the setup to opencl wrangles.
Check out the demo :

Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Couple of renders to show the progress:



Fred Eric
superb work here. love it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.