Search - User list
Full Version: Convex Hull SOP
Root » Houdini Lounge » Convex Hull SOP
davedjohnson
With all due respect to Martian Labs, why isn't there a convex hull sop in Houdini? It would be so helpful for surfacing point clouds.

Dave
EigenAlex
Hi Dave, I am not sure what Martian's Convex Hull does, but does Triangulate 2D SOP meet your need…?
jason_iversen
I would agree. A convex hull can be darn useful for quite a few reasons. I haven't scoured the HDK for one but I doubt there is one in there (is there?).
EigenAlex
Oops… ops: Looking at the Martian Labs page, it does look like a pretty cool.
Simon
There's one you can link to externally using the unix sop. Edward posted it up on odforce…
I'll try and find a link, but if not I have it somewhere.

I think its at the bottom of this thread
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=2996&hl=convex&st=12 [forums.odforce.net]

I wrapped the whole thing up in an otl if anyone wants it.
It only works on integer values so you have to jump through a couple of hoops to use it.
davedjohnson
I haven't tried the Triangulate 2D SOP, but from it's name, I don't think it will do what I want, since I need a 3d solution.

I'll check out Simon's integer DA and see if I can modify it to use floats.

Dave
davedjohnson
Simon
I wrapped the whole thing up in an otl if anyone wants it.
It only works on integer values so you have to jump through a couple of hoops to use it.

I'd like to see your otl, if you wouldn't mind…

Dave
Simon
Try this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.