Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Engine not passing pscale through correctly to UE
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Houdini Engine not passing pscale through correctly to UE
ndasilva
I have a tool that is building some geometry, along with scattering points to use for instancing existing unreal assets. The tool instances the geometry correctly, until I add a pscale attribute to the points which then causes the instances to disappear. If I bypass all the other geometry and only have the points be output, then the instances work correctly along with using pscale. This clearly seems like a bug, but perhaps it's related to some functionality I'm unaware of.

Anyone successfully using pscale to drive instances along with standard geometry creation?

Thanks!
ndasilva
I'm still not getting much luck with this. Anyone from Side FX able to comment?
lealexandrebreton
same pb here, are you using Houdini Engine V2 :/
ndasilva
Yes, using the latest version of the plugin.
ndasilva
Well, I found the issue in case anyone else runs into it. Clearly is a bug, but if you move the instance points to be the first geometry in your final merge node, then the instance works. Mine was initially the last input to the merge node and therefore for some reason it's attributes were being ignored.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.