Search - User list
Full Version: Recaching Houdini (Engine) particles in Maya and getting attributes to carry over
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » Recaching Houdini (Engine) particles in Maya and getting attributes to carry over
bentway23
Hullo--

This is an edit from earlier--

Using Engine I was able to import a particle cache into Maya just fine. Scale and color came through and were easily applied in Arnold. However, I need to recache the particles as a Maya nParticle cache to hand it off to someone else not using Houdini Engine. I can get it to cache the general position/lifespan, but it doesn't appear that any color/scale(radiusPP)/alpha(/transparency) information is in the re-cache. How can I make sure those attributes make it through to the nParticles cache?

Thanks!
bentway23
Alrighty, I think I've found it, in case anyone else has this issue: When you create the new nParticles to attach the cache to you must first create the PP attributes. Then when you attach the (pre-existing) nCache it appears to read them in automatically. (I saw this on a separate thread, it just took a little toying about before I could make it happen in my own life.)

Just hoping to be of service, because knowing is half the battle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.