Search - User list
Full Version: Autocollections: camera bounds tolerance?
Root » Solaris and Karma » Autocollections: camera bounds tolerance?
Tim Crowson
Looking at the
%bound:/cameras/camera1
prim pattern, and I'm wondering if there is a way to set a tolerance or a contract/expand value, to ensure we can capture extra inside or outside the exact frustum? I'd like to avoid modifying the camera on the side if I can.
jsmack
Tim Crowson
Looking at the
%bound:/cameras/camera1
prim pattern, and I'm wondering if there is a way to set a tolerance or a contract/expand value, to ensure we can capture extra inside or outside the exact frustum? I'd like to avoid modifying the camera on the side if I can.

I remember this came up before and if I recall, the arcane syntax that would entail would make it less discoverable than simply ref-arcing a camera to tweak the window/xform.
mtucker
I would like to add tolerance to this, and other arguments to some of the other auto-collections. But we need to figure out a common, tolerable syntax that doesn't break the simplicity of using these tokens without the additional syntax. I'm hoping to get something figured out for H19 and add a couple of features like this, but no promises...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.