Search - User list
Full Version: Normalize channel?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Normalize channel?
symek
Is there something like a “normalize channel display” in channel editor?
This would mean that all scoped channels are normalize to fit to window TOGETHER regardless it's real scale. There is such an option in XSI and it's very helpful in animation.

If there is nothing like that in H. 8 this would be nice RFE. Don't you think?

cheers,
sy.
EigenAlex
you mean, like, hitting “h” to home all? or literally fit the curve into unit range?
symek
not like a “h” for homing but as you said
literally fit the curve into unit range
…but the unit is just window height and not a curve but its display in window.

little scary.. I know. But knowing from animators this is very helpful when you see all your curves together regardless its real scale. If you have scoped rotation in hundreds of degrees and translation in few meters you can't work simultaneously on both of them as homing them together in respect to relation of scales makes translation curve too small. For a animator graphical representation of absolute key values is not so important (or at least he can alway get it despite of it), more important is instant access to all his keys. So, I think, we should have an option to normalize all curves (its view only of course) to window size. Does it make sense to you?

cheers,
sy.
digitallysane
I had wished for that feature very often. XSI has it and it's very useful.

Dragos
andrewlowell
It's very useful in chops to have multiple graphs, then hitting the H will put all of them to the same scale. I guess the channel editor doesn't have this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.