Search - User list
Full Version: grouping question
Root » Houdini Lounge » grouping question
jimbob8s
Just a quick question about grouping.

I have a number of seperate cubes that I separate using a connectivity sop, and then a partition sop. This gives me a group for each cube using the rule cube_$CLASS.

Now what i need to do is essentially group the groups using an animated bounding box. However, when I use the second group node with the bounding box, the faces of each cube gets put into this group individually. I need it so that each whole cube gets placed into the group and not just their faces.

Can anyone help???
Simon
Group by points inside the bounding box then use another group sop to expand the group and convert it to a primitive group.
You can expand a group using the edges option - edge depth - just turn it up to about 4 that should get all the points in each cube.
jimbob8s
Sorry simon,

when I use the second group sop, I cannot have it set as a primitive group and also have access to the edge depth???
Simon
That's correct,set it to points and do everything as points then convert to a primitive group at the end if that is what you need.
jimbob8s
Thanks a lot for your help simon.

Managed to sort it.

Ta.
jimbob8s
Thanks a lot for your help simon.

Managed to sort it.

Ta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.