Search - User list
Full Version: WELCOME!
Root » SideFX Labs Tech Art Challenge 2021 » WELCOME!
rmagee
Welcome to the SIDEFX LABS Tech Art Challenge which gives you the chance to compete with the rest of the Houdini Community for cool prizes by creating Houdini Digital Assets for use in game engines, or as utilities inside Houdini itself.

The contest will run from now until the deadline on September 30, 2021 before Midnight EDT

Submit your work to this forum, in the proper category. You must include all the items listed above in order for it to be considered. The whole forum will be closed on September 30, 2021 at Midnight EDT so the judges can review all the completed work.

To share your progress and get feedback, feel free to start a WIP thread with your asset name and either or at the end to indicate the intended category. Your final entry must be posted to one of the two category threads before the deadline.

LEARN MORE [www.sidefx.com]
3dkeshaw
i am super excited for this.
Christos Stavridis
Greetings!

Is the contest open to participate with an HDA I already created about 5 months ago?

Thanks
Andr
Christos Stavridis
Greetings!

Is the contest open to participate with an HDA I already created about 5 months ago?

Thanks

Yes, I quote from the FAQs

Q. Can I use an existing Houdini project as one of my entries?
A. If you are already working on a digital asset and would like to submit it to the contest that is allowed.
Mohanpugaz
Hi Guys,
Have a quick question.

Can I submit a set of tools used to solve a problem? for example something like the labs tree generation tools which is combination of mulitple sops used together to create tree. Or it should be a single HDA?

Thanks, Very much excited about this contest.
rmagee
Yes in the utility category - for the game art assets you would have a single master asset for the Houdini Engine plug-in but that could have a bunch of nested assets inside.
elovikov
Can I submit a package for Houdini Utility Contest?
I'd also like to submit a set of tools for image processing, but it's just much easier to organise it as a Houdini package.
rmagee
elovikov
Can I submit a package for Houdini Utility Contest?
I'd also like to submit a set of tools for image processing, but it's just much easier to organise it as a Houdini package.

Submitting your assets as a package is fine
JohnFanny
Hi all!

Do you know when the results will be announced, or where I could find the information?

Thanks a lot!
rmagee
Great work everyone - just tallying the judge's assessments and will post winners soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.