Hello,
I am trying to export points from Houdini into a csv file.
I am able to get a file written out, however when I try to import in Rhino I get no results as if the file is empty of point data.

Before I head over to the Rhino forum to see what I may be doing wrong from the import side,
I was hoping to find out if I am doing everything 'right' on the export side in Houdini.

Anyone care to have a look at this simple file?

Thanks.

Edit: I tried turning on column delimineter and leaving it set to tab
\t
as Rhino has import options like Tab, comma,etc.

I even tried changing it to comma
and still no points show up in Rhino.

Maybe there is some other app I can test importing too? I don't have a copy of Excel.

Maybe some other small free program I could download quickly and test the output file?

EDIT:

So after doing some reading about the file format of csv files, I took my exported Houdini csv file and opened it in a text editor.
There was three blank lines.
I erased them and manually added the following as comma deliminated:

I then saved and re-imported that newly saved file in Rhino and I get 3 plotted points with the corresponding xyz co-ordinates
as numbered above.

So it is now obvious I do not have the proper setup to export a csv file as how I have it in the attached file.

Solved - in the Tops Geometry Import Node there a tab 'Data Extraction' with the parameter 'Copy From Class'. I had copied the setup from elsewhere and this was set to 'Detail', switching to 'Point' gives me the exported file as desired which imports into Rhino with no problem.