Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini 18.5 Grains to Unreal 4.27 and 5
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Houdini 18.5 Grains to Unreal 4.27 and 5
madguru
Hi,

I'm trying out grains for a simulation and would like to bring that to Unreal.

I created my sim using vellumconstraints_grain and the vellum solver. It was easy to control and get the result I wanted. Outputting with geometry on each point using copytopoints is too heavy to bring into UE. It fails to import the alembic.

I need to convert the data so that it can be exported using the Labs Niagra ROP. Currently no file is written out when I try that, because the data is just point data. If I test with particles, the Niagara ROP works, so I need to convert my points to a form that the Niagara ROP will understand. How can I do that?

Thank you,

Adnan Hussain
GammaMinus
Any luck with this? I'm trying to do the same thing
spacemonk
Hi, I was working on the same setup. A velum grain simulation, export to UE through the Niagara Rop. In the vellum constraints grain , under "physical attributes" I disabled "display as Sphere" and added Show all points. I rendered the ROP to a json file and imported it in UE with the Niagara plugin. It worked for me.

Hope it helps
- Monk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.