Root » Houdini for Realtime » Labs Flipbook Texture doesn't render
chf
I am stuck with this error message...

Error 
Error rendering child: /out/pyro_smoker/pre_render
Warning
Python error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1321, in renderAndExport
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1109, in renderAll
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1097, in renderAll
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 566, in renderFinalColor
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 554, in renderFinalColor
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 483, in setColorSpace
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.561/houdini/python3.7libs\hou.py", line 74509, in setOCIODisplayView
return _hou.SceneViewer_setOCIODisplayView(self, display, view)
hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid display or view name

any suggestions on what might be the problem?
MaiAo
chf
I am stuck with this error message...

Error 
Error rendering child: /out/pyro_smoker/pre_render
Warning
Python error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1321, in renderAndExport
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1109, in renderAll
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 1097, in renderAll
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 566, in renderFinalColor
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 554, in renderFinalColor
File "labs::Driver/flipbook_textures::1.0, PythonModule", line 483, in setColorSpace
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.561/houdini/python3.7libs\hou.py", line 74509, in setOCIODisplayView
return _hou.SceneViewer_setOCIODisplayView(self, display, view)
hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid display or view name

any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Can you go to Houdini Text Port and type
echo $OCIO
? What result do you get?
chf
/ -> echo $OCIO
C:/Users/Fasching/Documents/houdini19.0/SideFXLabs/19.0.566/SideFXLabs19.0/misc/ocio/aces_config.ocio
chf
I changed it via "Edit - Color Settings" to a different OCIO Folder on my disk and now it works.
Seems it didn't like the Labs OCIO Setting.
AramG
What directory did you change it to? I'm running into the exact same thing on Build 568 (of Houdini and Labs), changed my OCIO directory to "C:\Users\(user_name)\Documents\OpenColorIO-Configs-feature-aces-1.2-config\aces_1.2" and got the same error.
chf
AramG
What directory did you change it to? I'm running into the exact same thing on Build 568 (of Houdini and Labs), changed my OCIO directory to "C:\Users\(user_name)\Documents\OpenColorIO-Configs-feature-aces-1.2-config\aces_1.2" and got the same error.

I put it on C: directly and referenced it in the houdini.env file:

OCIO = "C:\OpenColorIO\aces_1.0.3\config.ocio"

this seems to have done it
AramG
Thank you, that helped me! I had that variable in the windows environment variables and it was getting ignored every time I restarted Houdini.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.