Search - User list
Full Version: Pyro Sparse Horizontal Line Glitch Artifacts
Root » Technical Discussion » Pyro Sparse Horizontal Line Glitch Artifacts
eaniix
Hey there,

unfortunately I've ran into some trouble using the pyro sparse solver working on a simulation of a rocket launch.

As you can see in the attached video the simulation has some weird horizontal line artifacts glitchting all over the sim.
I've already tried pretty much all I can think of to solve this including:

- altering the emitter (velocity direction/multiplication, length, shape)
- drastically increasing substeps on solver or dopnet
- rebuilding the sim from scratch
- using different settings for advection, padding, resizing, field resets
- changing the sim timescale
- disabling all forces, changing buoyancy, temperature etc.

nothing has really solved the issue except completely turning of sparse-solving on both the solver and the smoke object.

I didn't notice a significant change in speed but since it's the SPARSE solver, I thought it might be a good idea to actually leave the main feature it's built for enabled lol.

From observing this issue it seems like the expansion of the bounding box has something to do with this, because the pattern changes each time the bounding box is resizing to fit the fields inside.

Has someone already experienced similar artifacts and knows how to fix this or can shed some light onto the question whether or not it's okay to disable sparse-solving on the sparse-solver? The old pyrosolver also seemed to work (just tested with a really quick setup) but the behaviour is completely different and apart from those weird lines I kinda liked the result I got from the sparse sim.

I'm grateful for any advice!
eaniix
using a groundplane for ground collision instead of the y-bounds on the smoke object seemed to fix it for me in case anyone else struggles with the same problem and finds this thread
hanyilun2
you need to check those parameters
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.