Search - User list
Full Version: Why do Python Sop nodes recook after saving the scene?
Root » Technical Discussion » Why do Python Sop nodes recook after saving the scene?
Tom Mangold
This is really something. I usually work with scenes loading geo via python sops. Heavy geometry. Loading takes several minutes. So, after each auto save I need to wait this time over and over again, since the python sops seem to recook.

Why is that? Does some kind of cache gets deleted? Can't think of any reason. And in terms of workflow this costs a lot of time and nerves.

Can I disable this behavior? After all, nothing changed in terms of the geo.

Cheers
Tom
viklc
While loading the geo data, you can globally disable auto cooking [www.sidefx.com]. I haven't found anything relating to a single node at the moment.
Tom Mangold
Thanks! That works nicely when altering the node trees, like copying stuff from a to b, but as soon as you need to alter camera perspectives or need to work on the geo and auto-save kicks in, you need to deal with the reload times. Need to check if "on mouse up" will make a difference.

Thanks for the hint.
edward
I did a quick simple test and my Python SOP did not recook on save. It's probably something else. One known issue is if your Python SOP was never cooked to begin with and there's some menu script parameter that references data from it. Then saving in this case will cause the menu parameter to evaluate, which can cause uncooked nodes to cook.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.