Search - User list
Full Version: houdini 9 and 8 & suse 10.2+quadro fx4000 problem
Root » Houdini Lounge » houdini 9 and 8 & suse 10.2+quadro fx4000 problem
nosferatu037
Ok im trying to run houdini 8 on suse 10.2 with quadro fx4000 and the UI looks weird.

can anyone help?
nosferatu037
And also i'm having problems with houdini 9.730,when i move around the viewport the movement looks jittery,like a low framerate.And also the documentation has a problem.It won't load.
nosferatu037
help? :?: :shock:
Joe
The Houdini 8 problem looks like something that was solved in Houdini 8.1 and 8.2. Are you using the latest Houdini 8.2?

I'm not sure what would cause the 9 problems, though.
nosferatu037
im using a later build 8.0.308 or something like that,ill try and download the latest build and see if that could fix the problem.
i really don't know why the docs would create the problem.
take a look:
nosferatu037
and can you please tell me which drivers to use to remove the houdini 9 orbit problem?
Joe
Please download the latest build of Houdini 9, too – I think those documentation bugs have been fixed.

I don't know that I can recommend a particular driver to you, though – I don't have that card. Others may be able to help.
nosferatu037
ok thanx
wolfwood
I like 1.0-9629

I've had nothing but problems with the 100 series.
nosferatu037
ok these are the drivers that i've tested so far and they all give the same result:
100.x.x
wolfwood
Which Houdini distro you using? gcc 4.1? or gcc3.4? (I recommend 3.4)
nosferatu037
gcc 4.1
you reccomend 3.4?
can i run it on suse10.2?
wolfwood
Assuming its 32-bit SuSE 10.2 then yes, 3.4 will work.

I tried the 4.1 Ubuntu version on SuSE 10.2 and I had all sorts of trouble with the help too.
nosferatu037
thanx man the different gcc worked as well as the new 8 build.
but im still having problems with help.
it must be my linux libs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.