size of the pick brush

6009   8   1
790 posts
Hello all,

is there a way to change the size of the brush when using the selection paint tool?

And (perhaps more important) is it possible to turn off the display of the normals while selecting?

Thanks,
Koen
Staff
3456 posts
I don't think you can change the brush size…
but you can turn off the normals by hitting “d” in the viewport and de-selecting “Follow Selection Mask”
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
790 posts
that helps a lot, thanks!
183 posts
koen
Hello all,

is there a way to change the size of the brush when using the selection paint tool?

Actually, when bush picking is active,there is brush size parameter on top of the scene view
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
790 posts
wow, thanks for pointing that out, I should look in the obvious places first I guess :-)

Then, maybe another simple one. I use the paint selection mostly on primitives. However, this does not really work, since even when selecting primitives, the selection is determined by the points you cross, not the edges or faces. This way it is really hard to select one column of faces, and what gets selected feels broken.

Is there a way to fix that as well?

Cheers,

Koen
Staff
3456 posts
brush size parameter…

for selecting faces I usually just use the “f” hotkey to walk the selection
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
5167 posts
Then, maybe another simple one. I use the paint selection mostly on primitives. However, this does not really work, since even when selecting primitives, the selection is determined by the points you cross, not the edges or faces. This way it is really hard to select one column of faces, and what gets selected feels broken.

This is being addressed in H12. Painting will also only capture visible faces by default, as well (as will other area-select operations).
114 posts
sory for the necro but how would you go about adding a hotkey (like photoshop [ button) to increase and decrease brush select radius
7846 posts
xxyxxy
sory for the necro but how would you go about adding a hotkey (like photoshop [ button) to increase and decrease brush select radius

I don't think it's possible. Is the scroll wheel not working for you? (I guess not with a tablet)
  • Quick Links