Search - User list
Full Version: valid HDA > no geo in maya
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » valid HDA > no geo in maya
deadalvs
Hi,

I have constructed a valid HDA in Houdini, but I get no geo in Maya from it, just the trafo nodes and an empty shape node ..

Any idea? Could it be the ‘switch’ SOP?

Hope to get some help with this. Thanks!
matt
deadalvs
screenshot ..
deadalvs
maya ..
deadalvs
ok, BIG pitfall.

very important!

==> you have to expose the parameters via ‘Type Properties’ .. not the ‘Parameter Interface’. Otherwise it won't work in Maya at all (you'll get no geometry and no working interface.
kahuna031
Parameter interface changes only affects to one local node, not the type so the “node” you create in Maya won't know anything about that.
welschermaximilian
Hello,

I'm working at the University with the Houdini 16.5.571 + Houdini Engine Educational Edition and probably running into the same problem. After I loaded the *.hdanc into Maya 2018.4 and connected a curve into my HDA, there is no geo-output in the viewport visible.

According to the graphic [www.sidefx.com], the Houdini Engine should handle Educational HDA as well.

I also ve checked the installation of the Houdini Engine and the dislay-flags in maya/houdini.

Maya- Houdini Engine initializing:

// Creating an in-process Houdini Engine session.
// Houdini Engine initialized successfully.
// Houdini version: 16.5.571
// Houdini Engine version: 3.1 (API: 14)

I'll also attach the hda to this post.

Thanks in advance
Max
juliap
There could be 2 separate issues here:

If you're running on 2018.4, there is a Maya bug in 2018.4 that stops the plugin from producing any output. If you have the appropriate level of Maya support there may be a patch available, otherwise you will need to go back to an earlier update of 2018 in order to use the plugin (I've gone back to 2018 gold).

Otherwise, the points about using the Type Properties (rather than the Parameter interface) to export parms and inputs is indeed relevent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.