Search - User list
Full Version: Exposing the unreal instance string path as a parameter in HDA's?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Exposing the unreal instance string path as a parameter in HDA's?
nthompson
I have a simple HDA that is placing unreal instances along a spline. I'm trying to expose the instance path string as a parameter so I can switch the asset placed along the spline in unreal rather than pre-defining it in the HDA. This doesn't appear to work though. Is this functionality supported? I've verified the HDA working correctly when I just point it to a string rather than exposing it as a parameter.

Thank you for any information you can provide!
dpernuit
Hi!

Could you share your HDA with us?
This should be working if you're exposing the unreal_instance parameter for example…

see here [www.sidefx.com]

You can also replace those instanced meshes in Unreal by drag and dropping assets on the Houdini Instanced Inputs in the details panel.
nthompson
Hey thank you for the reply! Dragging and dropping assets in the Houdini Instanced Inputs panel is exactly what I was looking for. Way more straightforward than copy pasting string references. Much appreciated!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.