Hi!
My work for HOULY DAILY CHALLENGE!
First experience of compositing in Houdini
Aleckb
Procedurally generated rocks shaded through tri-planar projection
liamclisham
Here's mine for the day:
JereP
Hi everyone, here is my artwork for earth topic.
CoconutOctopus
Only had an hour after work to play, was hoping to get some tiny cities and jetties going but I promised myself I'd submit regardless of quality
no_aovs
So here is my entry. Nothing crazy, but nice to play around with and use as little time as possible. In the end it took me around 2 hours to complete.
florianP23
Hello everyone ! here is my entry for this first day hope you will like it !
I wanted to make a reference to earth masters in “the last airbender”
I add a character just to have an idea of the reference tempo for the ground fx

https://youtu.be/4XUDiygkTh8 [youtu.be]
Thunderbeast
Very quick terrain. Trying to work fast before I second guess my self into working on small details for 5 hours.

All 3 images use the same nodes but have a different low point in the terrain. The initial shape of the mountains is created in normal geometry so I can control them more, the rest is good old height fields.
BrianHanke
Inspired by the alchemical symbol for earth. Created in Houdini 18.0.499. Rendered in Octane 2020.1.

mihailvrode
cartoon the matrix
Partikel
I'm more used to making things show up in Frames per second, but this challenge could be a good chance to learn a bit more about the other side of rendering. Here's a piece of Earth!
olinone
Day 1 - Earth
bricecrv
Hi, my render !
manas16
HOULY Daily Challenge Day 1 Earth

pavelkh
My entry
Emomilol1213
Been ages since I've used offline renderers and not realtime. Anyway, here's my proof that the Earth is flat.
AslakKS
Well this is fun.
Made a rock generator of sorts.
Using a feedback loop mainly using noise and the labs mesh sharpen + remeshing each step.
Created a “tool” that straightens the mesh based on the point position of the minimum and max Y point.
steafancollins
Hi guys, new to Houdini and thought I'd attempt some of the challenge. I've rendered this in Substance as I don't have a clue how to do it in Houdini yet, my textures don't show..
Henry Medhurst
Day one submission! Really intimidated by the competition! Love this community
jjerome
Hi !

Here is my contribution for today !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.