Search - User list
Full Version: Heightfield does not work in Unity Houdini Engine
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Heightfield does not work in Unity Houdini Engine
quickytools
I'm having trouble importing the simplest heightfield into Unity. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It was working over a month ago since I've worked with heightfields but now nothing. No error in the Unity console neither.
- The HDA is a Heightfield > null.
- Heightfield is set up according to https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unity/_terrain.html. [www.sidefx.com] I've tried variations of the sizes and nothing works. See screenshot for the settings of the attached hda file.
- I've tried setting a material (in another iteration) to no success.
- Debug > Open Scene in Houdini shows the heightfield fine. However if I unlock the node for editing and save I get a Houdini Error which crashes the debug Houdini app instance.

Houdini: 18.5.351
Houdini Engine: 3.5.0

Unity version: 2019.4.16f1 Personal

Mac Catalina 10.15.7
quickytools
I've also tried using Session Sync to troubleshoot but that doesn't seem to be working neither.
quickytools
The issue was that my material wasn't using the correct shader. Be sure the assigned material in Unity uses the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader. Otherwise your terrain will be invisible.
anthonyt2
This should be been fixed quite some time ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.