Search - User list
Full Version: Promoting TOPs cook states to HDA UI?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Promoting TOPs cook states to HDA UI?
niall_flinn
Hi! I'm starting to get into TOPs, and I'm wrapping topnets into HDAs, which makes me wonder what my options are for presenting information about the current state of the cooking nodes to the user? Is there a way to have TOP node badges appear at the level of the enclosing HDA? Or any other way of indicating how many workitems are done/running/waiting/failed without having to dive inside the HDA? I'm guessing that if I add some parameters to the HDA, I could use some python to populate them with data from the cooking nodes, but if there's something a bit nicer and simpler, I'd love to hear it!
tpetrick
Yes, you can do that by adding the TOP Cook Control properties onto your HDA, and configuring the TOP network path to point to the network you want to promote. The following doc page has more details: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/cooking.html#addingcookcontrols [www.sidefx.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.